Sunday, December 16, 2012

Célyane ID project



Hello from France! I’m Celyane, I’m French of Cape-Verdean origin and I’m 15 years old. I was born on 23rd July 1997 in Rueil-Malmaison (close to Paris) but I’ve always lived in Nanterre with my mom and I have 3 sisters. People think that I’m a cheerful, compassionate, creative, independent, energetic (even if I always feel tired!), generous, ambitious, honest, hard working (not always true!) and sometimes crazy (in a good way!) person. But they also think I’m selfish (generous and selfish can go together!), clumsy, absent-minded, lazy (I hate chores!), timid (not always so, only when I meet people for the first time!), very naïve and jealous. I love laughing and I love music!

Add caption
I have a big (very big!) family and I love them very much. My family is so big that I don’t know them all! Anyway...… I live with my mother in Nanterre and my big sister used to live with us but now she has her own house (my house is very calm without her -sighs-) but I like to live with my mom. Once every weekend, I go to my father’s to see him with my sisters (half-sisters but they are my sisters!) and my step-mother. They live about 40 minutes away from my house. My big sister is 25 and her name is Ophélie, the other ones are 11 and 5 and their names are Janir and Noelyne. Now let me show you some photos of them...









I love my friends! I only have 4 close friends and I think that’s enough. With them I’m always laughing. I do almost everything with them and they know everything about me. We can talk together all day long. I met Irem and Shivani in 6th grade, Sabrina in 7th grade and Aissatou in 8th grade! (Middle school years were awesome!). Now we are all scattered, Irem, Sabrina and I are in the same high school but not in the same class and Shivani and Aissatou are in other high schools (I miss them!). Despite this, we are still friends!



I live in Nanterre! It’s a big town set near Paris (15 minutes by car) and near La Défense (the biggest business center in Europe, about 10 minutes away afoot from home). There are more than 90,000 inhabitants in Nanterre. There are 10 neighborhoods and I live in the “Parc Sud” district (South Park, LOL) but we call it “Pablo Picasso”. But there are different areas within the neighborhoods: I live in the district “Les Fontenelles” but we, young people, call it “Les Primos” (The Prime ones) and there are lots of young people there. My favorite places are Andre Malraux’s Park and La Défense (where the mall is) but I like to hang out in the Cloud Towers area (photo on the left!).







I love Paris! Why? It is wonderful! Even if I live near by and should find it common, I just love to go there, everything is so beautiful! If I could go more often there, I would! But my mother, you know, she thinks it’s dangerous to go there alone -sighs-). I love La Défense! Why? Because there is the mall (with McDonald’s, H&M, New Look, Zara, Apple Store, the cinemas and all...), I love to hang on the stairs of La Grande Arche (the Human Rights Arch, especially during summer with a big ice cream!) and I like to go to the cinema with my friends (even if I’m not a movie fan). Luckily, my mom lets me go there (it’s near my house, I can go there often!).










I’m in Joliot Curie’s High School. It’s is set in front of the City Hall. It’s a very old  building but it will be rebuilt early 2013. What I like the most at school? I like to see my friends and I love it when we are having fun in class. My favorite subjects are English, Spanish, Italian, Physics and Geography. What I hate the most at school?  I won’t lie, I have good grades but I don’t like school, like “almost” everybody (except for our parents, of course!), I don’t like Math and French. I also don’t like school because I have to see people I don’t like and I don’t like my heavy timetable (I start every day at 8 o’clock!).




Let’s talk about my favorite pastimes. I love to watch TV and to listen to music. But when I don’t, I’m on my computer, reading stuff (such as funny stories with Memes!) or watching fun videos. When I can, I go to La Défense to do some shopping, to watch a movie or to eat something. I often tidy up my bedroom and arrange my wardrobe because I hate it when it’s not clean. I used to play Handball on Wednesdays but not anymore… But during the holidays and weekends, I love to sleep!! … And I also do my homework because I don’t have lots of stuff to do during the holiday breaks, so I like to stay at home and lie on the couch watching TV.



As I said: I love music! I can’t spend a day without listening to music! Even if I’ve got a headache, I will listen to music. My favorite artists are, of course, American and British, but I don’t like French music too much. My favorite kinds of music are Pop, R&B, Soul, Pop rock and Latin. My favorite artists are Adele, Maroon 5, Bruno Mars, Coldplay, Shakira, Enrique Iglesias, Robbie Williams, The Black Eyed Peas, Rihanna, One Direction, Emeli Sandé, Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, Muse, P!nk, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake (his old songs *o*!) and Alicia Keys. I have others but I like them less than the ones I said. Every week I try to discover new artists that I can include in my IPod!



I love TV series and sitcoms! I love them even more than movies (I’m not crazy about movies, I don’t know why!). I love comedy, romance, medical drama, musical and teenage series! In France almost all the foreign series we watch are American and we love it! Kids love Disney Channel series but I prefer old Disney Channel series like ”That’s So Raven” or “Lizzie McGuire” but also I like “The Wizard of Waverly place” or even “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody”. But Disney Channel series aren’t my favorites. My favorites series are Desperate Housewives, Grey’s Anatomy, Glee, Modern Family, The Vampire Diaries, Lost, My Wife and Kids, Friends, Malcolm in the Middle, The Mentalist, Pretty Little Liars and One Tree Hill (I love old TV series!).



I love laughing, dynamic music, watching TV and funny videos, turning up the music very loud and singing and dancing alone at home and I love Memes. I love winter break (only for Christmas and New Year’s day!) and taking the plane and traveling. I love spicy chicken, McDonald's nuggets, potatoes, ice cream, candies and Italian food (Yum, pizza and lasagna!). I love hilarious people, caring for people, open-minded people, outgoing people and royal people. I like to wear track suits, sneakers, dresses and tee-shirts. I like going on twitter, I like to have a good time with my family and my friends. And I like other things but if I tell you everything it will be too long J



Well, I hate cockroaches and weird insects. I don’t like to wash the dishes, to vacuum, to dry the laundry, I don’t like it when people are loud and make a lot of noise in the morning (above all on the weekend, when I’m sleeping, as my little sister does!), cheaters, killjoy people, stubborn people, pretentious people, nasty people and rude people. I don’t like winter at all and cold water. I don’t like starters (salad, tomatoes...…), hamburgers or Coca-Cola (I confess!). I hate to wake up before 9am, I don’t like parties (but I like having fun!) and  balloons. I don’t like skinny jeans, high heels and skirts. And I hate other things but if I tell you everything it will be long J



What I would like to do later? I would like to be a journalist (radio hostess or newspaper reporter). But not in France, I would like to live in London or somewhere else in the UK. When I get my high school diploma, I would like to live a year in an English-speaking country (like the USA, Australia, the UK, Canada…) to learn English, then the following year, I would like to do my studies in the UK. It would be a dream come true! Why I don’t want to stay in France? Because I think musical culture is more open in English-speaking countries and also because I would love to live there (and I love The Royal Family, I don’t know why!).



No comments:

Post a Comment